I’ve been on a sabbatical for the past few weeks so I’ve been enjoying a lot of rest, meditation and time with friends and family. Last night was the first time I had a dream that I vividly remember. This morning as I was enjoying my breakfast protein shake I recalled these details:
I was in what looked like a church or theater with Tony (my hubby) and some friends and we were goofing off and playing around as usual. Someone either dared me or issued me a challenge to go out to a nearby pond and catch a fish…and so I did! Now mind you I’ve gone fishing maybe twice in my entire life. Once in 1983 when I was a girl scout and once with TJ about 2 years ago.
Anyway, in the dream, I wasn’t out there more than 5 minutes before I caught a fish! From a distance it looked huge! But as a reeled it in, it was no bigger than about 4 or 5 inches. In fact, it kinda looked like Nemo.
So I looked up the meaning of catching fish when I woke up this morning and here’s what I found:
The fish is a very powerful and positive image in many world traditions.
1. To the Babylonians, Phoenicians, and Assyrians, it was honored as a symbol of fertility.
2. In Native American tradition, the fish is a symbol for mystical secrets, for it can swim to the deepest regions of the ocean and explore its hidden knowledge.
3. In British lore, it was believed that eating fish before lovemaking could enable a couple to conceive a child.
4. The early Christians used the fish as the symbol for the Christ Consciousness. It was widely believed that this symbol resulted from the Greek acronym for \”Jesus Christ, Son of God.\” But there is also the fact that the coming of Jesus ushered in the Age of Pisces the Fish, which encapsulates the mysticism, love, and happiness to which all world traditions ascribe to the fish.
5. In Scandinavia, fish was considered an aphrodisiac, and was popularly consumed on Friday, the feast day of Freya, Goddess of Love – and in her honor Friday was a day dedicated to lovemaking.
There are, therefore, many possibilities if you dream of a fish – all good, even if the fish was a greatly feared one like the shark. If there is a possibility of a pregnancy, dreaming of a fish could mean that a child is on the way, and the pregnancy and birth will be uneventful and result in a healthy baby. If the dreamer is in love but is not yet sure about the beloved’s feelings, dreaming of a fish strongly indicates that the feelings are indeed reciprocated. Dreaming of catching fish, either with a pole or with a net, indicates success and prosperity ahead. Seeing fish swimming in a clear pool indicates that a number of secrets about yourself and the world around you are going to suddenly become clearer.
Whoa…that explains a lot…including why we have fish frys on Friday nights!!
I’ve also been reading my bible and meditating and praying a lot lately. This is exciting!! I can’t wait to see what’s to come.
Have you ever dreamed about fish? Did your dream come true? Leave your comments here.
Leave a Reply